"Olavsgruva" (Olav's Mine)
"Nyberget" (Nyberget mine) and "Olavsgruva" (Olavís mine) are the Røros Museumís outlying mines. They are situated in the Storwartz area, which was the richest and most important mining area for the Røros Copper Works. "Nyberget" was worked between the years 1650-1717 and 1861-1890 and "Olavsgruva" was operational from 1936-1972. The two mines today are connected and they are maintained and kept safe by Røros Museum.
Join us for an hour on a trip through mining history. Together with a guide we walk 500 m underground through tunnels in "Nyberget" and "Olavsgruva" and 50 m down to the massive Bergmannís Hall. Sound effects and lighting add to the authentic feel. We advise warm clothes and suitable footwear!